Oppe Elementary School, Campus of Coastal Studies is located on beautiful Galveston Island. Oppe is a Pre K through 4th Grade campus serving approximately 650 students. At Oppe, students are immersed in the rich history of Galveston as well as the marine biology of the Gulf Coast. Students enhance their classroom learning with hands-on-activities, student-guided enrichment projects, and study trips to explore local resources such as sandy beaches, coastal wetlands, and historical landmarks. We offer several special programs at Oppe including:
Full day 4 year old Pre K classes
- Bilingual Classes for Pk-4 through 4th grade
- Dual Language Class in Kindergarten and 1st Grade (beginning 2019-20 school year)
- Self-contained Gifted and Talented Class in 1st grade through 4th grade
- Project Lead the way Launch Program
- Life Skills Program serving students with severe cognitive, emotional, and physical disabilities
- Physical Education, Art, Music, Computer Technology, and Library classes for all students
- Reading Intervention Specialist/ small tutoring groups for all grade levels
- Technology: 1:1 Chromebooks for all students PK-4 -4th grade
Student Clubs and Activities include:
- Student Council with focus on community service
- TOR Kids After-school Program for K-2 Gr. and 21st Century After-School Program for 3-4 Gr.
- After-school Clubs: Garden, Hispanic Dance, Robotics, STEM, and the Green Team
- Service projects - beach/bay clean up, marsh replenishment
- Active Children's Choir
- Student Kindness Committee
- 4th grade Student Crossing Guards
Our mission is to develop the potential of a diverse group of students and inspire enthusiasm for learning while facilitating the growth of the whole child.
The vision is to educate students, one child at a time to become accepting, valuable members of an ever changing society.